Announcements and opinions regarding changes to this forum.

Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 09 September 2016 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
I recently found out my boat insurance was handed off to Geico I received no advanced info about this but got a bill informing me that my insurance has lapsed and that I need to make a payment immediately for a new policy  with Geico that I didn't know existed.

When my wife called and questioned this she was informed that this was not an isolated case and that there have been many complaints.

Came someone please explain what has happened? 
Does BoatUS still sell insurance and or does BoatUS still exist? 
What has happened and how is this going to affect my coverage?
If I was given a heads up I may have gone with another Company but with no warning and a lapse of coverage I wasn't taking any chances!

I happen to use Geico for my home and my cars but the quote for my boat in the past was very high so I never considered using them for my current boat.

Not a very happy camper!!!

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave
One More
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 10 September 2016 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
I could never get a reasonable insurance quote thru Boat US. I use Markle Insurance. Same policy was 1/3 -1/4 of what Boat US wanted.

Your best bet, if not already done, is to call Boat US. Having a lapse in coverage may affect your rate when shopping.
Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 11 September 2016 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
It has been corrected and they understand why there was a lapse I'm far from alone in this the agent said she has been hearing the a lot over the last few weeks/months.

As for price I have had to call and negotiate the pricing in the past but at the end of the day I have been happy with the price and coverage.  I will have to review the new policy I have not seen it as of yet.

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register