Create a caption

Subject
Topic: Season comes to an end
Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 12 October 2016 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
So they hauled my boat today very sad but I have already started counting the days to Spring!
I went to the boat today and drained the water and started getting it ready to Winterize and soon will be wrapped.

This weekend is the kickoff to Corvette season while it is a very short season we enjoy taking road trips with my car club right up until it starts to snow. 

Anyone else coming out soon?
Yes I know Swamp you boating season is just starting,  enjoy I hope you have a great and safe season!

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave
Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 16 October 2016 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
I finished winterizing the boat today only thing left is to have it wrapped. It's a very sad time of year but I'm already looking forward to next year!

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave
Dream 'Inn
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 17 October 2016 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
I'm heading out on mine for a 4 day weekend coming up! Too bad this 80+ degree weather right now won't go thru the weekend, but the place we're going has an outdoor heated pool, and indoor pool, and an indoor/outdoor hot tub. Even when we put our boat away in a couple weeks, we'll be doing the parade of lights in December on a friend's boat, then help him winterize. I'll be back out the first weekend of March, so not too long. I do enjoy the time away though as well.
Dream 'Inn III
2008 400 Rinker Express

One More
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 17 October 2016 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
My marina stopped in/out service a couple of weeks ago. Started the process of winterizing Oct 7th. Did a quick buffing above the rub rail and waxed that part. Spent several more 1/2 days down at the boat last week. Cover is on it. I still have a few things left. Having a cover allows me fold back 10-12' and still navigate up to windshield. This was the least I used the boat. The weekends I had off from work were spent at my moms.
SwampNut
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 17 October 2016 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
2001 Bayliner Ciera 3055
Twin 5.7 Bravo 2
Lake Pleasant, AZ
RGrew176
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 18 October 2016 at 1:28am | IP Logged
We here is S/E Michigan managed to hit 82* today with a bit more humidity than what you have there.
Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

www.wrycc.com
SwampNut
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 18 October 2016 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
We've had strangely high humidity lately, not sure why.
2001 Bayliner Ciera 3055
Twin 5.7 Bravo 2
Lake Pleasant, AZ
Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 18 October 2016 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
It was about 80 here in NY today but the cold is coming I'm happy I completed winterizing my boat.  I have plans most upcoming weekends either on Corvette runs car shows or hiking with my wife and dogs.  I enjoy this time of year but it is a short window then I go into hibernation for several months! 

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave
RGrew176
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 18 October 2016 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
For me winter is a time where I can put money aside for my next season. This year my daughter got married so my boating funds were somewhat limited. There will hopefully be no major limitations next season.

Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

www.wrycc.com
Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 19 October 2016 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Rick
congrats on your daughter's marriage!  I can relate to the drain on funds, for the last seven years I have been paying for college.  My son is now in his third year of law school and my daughter is a junior in college.  I'm hoping to be done in two years I don't expect my daughter to go to grad school at least not anytime soon and then maybe her job will pay for it.  My daughter will be a mechanical engineer and already has work opportunities I'm sure she will do just fine on the other hand my son may take a few years until he is independent.  My wife jokes and says we will feel rich when we are finished paying for school but then she plans to retire and this starts a whole other issue!

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave
One More
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 19 October 2016 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
I plan on retiring the day after winning the PowerBall.
Dream 'Inn
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 21 October 2016 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Well, with high winds forecasted for this weekend, I had the boat pulled out today. This is the earliest I'm done and I've never pulled a boat, usually store it on the lift. But I'm getting a transom seal done over the winter. Maybe both of them, we'll see. Planning on waxing the next two days, then cover. I finished winterizing today.

Dream 'Inn III
2008 400 Rinker Express

Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 22 October 2016 at 8:05am | IP Logged
I was hoping to wash and spot wax were needed today but the weather is crap!
I have washed all the carpet runners towels and linens I just have to put them back on the boat and have it wrapped. It's time to count down the days until Spring.

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave
One More
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 22 October 2016 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
I still have a few things to do if the weather is nice. Today was not a nice day as its very windy (25+ mph) but there should be some mild days before winter gets here.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register