Repairs & Maintenance

Subject
Topic: Shower drain in head compartment
Cat27
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 10 June 2017 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
We have a 1984 Catalina 27. The shower drain in the head compartment is clogged. We can't determine where it drains to. We assume it goes to the bilge which is easily accessible, but we can't see the drain hole coming in. We can't get the drain snake through the drain. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Audrey II
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 12 June 2017 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Even in 84 most shower drains what to a sump box with a pump the pump it over board. This could a numberof issue from a simple breaker bei g off preventing the pump from running or it could be a stuck float i the box there are a number of potential simple fixes.

96' 440 Trojan express

Dave
zackc
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 12 June 2017 at 10:46am | IP Logged
When your shower was in use, did you ever see water being discharged out of the side of the boat? I don't mean the discharge hole for the bilge a separate discharge site. If you did that means you most likely have a sump pump. I just put one in my boat a couple weeks ago to replace what I had. It looks like a clear plastic shoe box with a auto bilge pump inside. The shower water comes in to the box and the bilge pump pumps it out. When the shower was in use could you hear a pump running?
Bill

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register