Boater's Connection

Subject
Topic: Marathon Boat Owners Group
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 13 February 2010 at 5:11pm | IP Logged

A little lack of rhyme.. but it speaketh the facts.

But Spring is coming... It's just abo'at Valentines day already.. with Choc hearts and romance in the air...

In another month will see a touch of the warmth.. as ice starts to thaw.. That will hopefully cause the body to be a bit less out of sync when we are able to see the waves again. 

On the lighter side of humour & romance...

How did an intelligent boy propose to girl?  

He took the girl along with him on a Boat and at the middle of the river said to her “Love me ... OR  leave the boat”:-).

(It was a very nice boat!) 

Happy Valentines Day All.

Edited by Norm_Richards on 03 March 2010 at 10:35am
Norm Richards
Marathon Boat Owners Group - Member #7
1989 Marathon Bermuda Sport 2550 "Vintage Haven"
Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 13 February 2010 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
So, she jumped, eh?

It's been too cold to even think of boating, though I did buy some more equipment. Now for some temps I can endure  to get the things installed!!!

Bob
Political Correctness is an idea fostered by a delusional,illogical liberal minority,promoted by an insane media,which supports the proposition that it is possible to pick up poop by the clean end.
pop-pop
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 13 February 2010 at 5:42pm | IP Logged

This is what I got my sweetie. I may get lucky.

http://ihatestevensingeronline.com/detail.aspx?ID=42

78" 251 Catalina       
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 14 February 2010 at 8:42am | IP Logged

You'll be so Lucky Lucky Lucky, Sir Phil of Pop... with that 24Karat Rose. 

I did a rose.. but just a single red silk one..(Walmart 3.99) but still Lucky in having a loving wife.

H.V.D. to each member/Spouse of the M.B.O.G.

Edited by Norm_Richards on 14 February 2010 at 8:46am
Norm Richards
OldTownGal
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 14 February 2010 at 2:15pm | IP Logged

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE !!!

I was able to make contact with Grunder!

Bob & I have plans to meet up with him & his wife at the boat ramp, and take in some rays, some burgers & dogs, & hopefully some fish too!!  We are so excited to meet someone from the MBOG!    West Palm Beach is alot warmer than here in Inverness (2 hours north of Tampa)

Our 'date' is Feb 27th, ... I don't have a video cam, but will bring my digital still camera with me (if I dare.  it's expensive, and a gift from Bob.  would never forgive myself if it got water damage.  i'll think about it)

<<<clink>>>

Dianna Lynn
Marathon Boat Owner Group Member #20
griffo
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 14 February 2010 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Dianna

damn right think about it! BOB and CAMERA don't go too well together when there's water involved
Bill Griffiths
El Presidente
Marathon Boat Owners Group Member #2

Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 14 February 2010 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Ya got that right!!!

Bob
Political Correctness is an idea fostered by a delusional,illogical liberal minority,promoted by an insane media,which supports the proposition that it is possible to pick up poop by the clean end.
DantheMan
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 15 February 2010 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Just got some good news the other day from my boat mechanic . When I bought the boat the owner and marina said the gimbal ring needed done and even I could tell it was real sloppy. The price for it was $1800.00. When I talked to another mechanic I know he said while your at it you should do the bellows, shift cable and shift cable boot at the same time while your there. The price for all that was $2400.00 so I went back to owner and said I'll split the difference and you take off $2200.00 from the price of boat he said ok. Well my mechanic a real straight shooter kind of guy said he was able to tighten the gimbal ring and it is fine and the bellows are great. He says he is going to do the gimbal bearing and thats all. Well I feel great it means I only paid $7800.00 for my boat plus the work he is doing which isn't much. I don't think the guys that gave the quote for work would have been as nice to me that the little guy.
whmmer
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 16 February 2010 at 4:04pm | IP Logged

Hi all,

Just checking to make sure the message board wasn't froze up like everything else.

Jim

Member # 4 Liquid Asset
"B.O.A.T." - Break Out Another Thousand

Minister of Justice and Law
mikey4241
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 20 February 2010 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
You guys got away with gold-clad and silk roses????
I ended up on the hook for a small diamond necklace!!!!
Does that make you guys geniuses or me an easy mark?
Oh well--she loved it--still loves me, too--after all, what's not to love!
When I told her about this post, she asked if I wanted a list!!

I have the final line to Vern's poem:
That's Mother Nature's way of saying "*uck you!!"

That's all for now--------------

Mike
#H-1
==Safe Boating==
==Mikey4241==
=='99 SeaRay 290 Sundancer==
==Remember the "343"==
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 February 2010 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

The forum has been a bit quiet… Perhaps “Winter Blues” as they may refer to it, however, in other background communications avenues, there has been some activity that all should be aware.

Firstly, there was a quick drop in from "Snal" to post a For Sale ad for his 85 Marathon.. Plus our own switlikbob advising he is selling his Marathon.

Then a drop in from "Skidlyb” for some info..I’m following up with him via email. I sent him some info. Hoping he will come into the forum and convey some information.

Another gentlemen has contacted me via email, (just before Christmas), for some info on his boat. We have exchanged emails and he has sent me “pics” of his boat. He is from Syracuse NY and has an 88 Marathon Bermuda Express. He operates his vessel on the NY State Canal system: very kewl. I have sent him links to our forum..  Hopefully he will drop in: if not now, perhaps closer to boating season.

A Blast from the Past:  An old but new - almost member - from MBOG days of past is alive and well. The most senior members of the MBOG will surely remember him as he was a part of the instrumental voices which assisted in the creation of this unique forum.

Mr. Griffo’s piece written and published in “The Marathon Journal – November 2009, reveals a gentlemen named “Fred Tinker”

Who is this Fred Tinker?? Refer to “The Marathon Journal” – November 2009:

“The Real Beginnings of the Marathon Boat Owners Group”

(By Griffo) - Pages 5-7  as well as the reference note 6-R1, (appended below)

From “The Marathon Journal” – November 2009 issue:

Pg-Ref#    Reference/Info-Source:

6-R1     “The Real Beginnings of the Marathon Boat Owners Group”: by “Griffo”.  

Mr. Griffiths refers to Mr. Fred Tinker. For all who may not know, the original scanned pages of the 1986 Marathon Model brochure was offered and supplied by Fred Tinker to Mr. Darryl Barr, our member #15. Darryl later forwarded it to me via email and then it was posted on our forum for all. Sincere thanks to both Fred and Darryl for making this invaluable document available to us.

Mr. Fred “tinker” Trethewey was also another voice for the creation of this “Marathon” forum. (Thanks again Fred for all your efforts on our Behalf). 

Mr. Trethewey has recently contacted me (Feb 25), advising that he had added himself to the Facebook Marathon Owners Group. He still can’t seem to get into the Boat Us forum (User ID/Password issue) so he thought he would try contact via the Facebook Avenue.

Fred has formally asked for membership in our MBOG group as well as one of our flags for his vessel. Fred has a 1986 Marathon Sunblazer 2350.

A formal “welcome aboard” to you Fred after almost two years of your involvement in boating Forums and assisting in the creation of the Marathon Boat Owners Group forum.  

Edited by Norm_Richards on 03 March 2010 at 12:18pm
Norm Richards
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 February 2010 at 2:42pm | IP Logged

For all of our members still out there, the season of spring is coming and shortly thereafter comes the BOATING SEASON.

The administration (if that means anything..lol), is requesting a formal MBOG forum SPRING CHECK-IN.

All members are asked to drop into the forum for a SPRING CHECK-IN.

1. CHECK-IN:  Make a post. Perhaps say hello.. Just let us know that you are still out there,

2. Identify and fix any User ID/Password issues that may have arisen for you during your long hibernation

(If any issues you can contact another member to assist you and/or directly contact to BOATUS). 

3. Get a BOATUS user tune-up on how to upload pics, how to make/edit posts etc.

And... Your SPRING MBOG Forum CHECK-IN automatically authorizes a One Year FREE unlimited Membership into the Forum !! 

Hope to see you soon.

(This notification also sent out to all via Email)

Edited by Norm_Richards on 27 February 2010 at 2:43pm
Norm Richards
Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 February 2010 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
Well, Norman of BIG trains, I am still here, another year older as well as another year better looking. Survived another winter.

Not much work done on the boats. There is just something about cold weather and boating that just doesn't jibe. I think it's called ICE.

I think though Fred has been "with" us for a time, 39 seems appropriate. He didn't extend his wish to be a member until this time. However, we should bestow upon him an appropriate title to signify his significant contributions. I will work on that.

Still hoping to get the Marathon launched at first opportunity. The schedule has her going in for paint in mid to late April. The paint has already been purchased(with the Admiral's input as to color). Won't look Marathon-ish I'm afraid.

The houseboat is coming back. The buyer's wife didn't like it. I bought it back for less than i sold it, so, it's not all bad, I guess. Angela wants to rent it out to vacationers. I'm still skeptical. Insurance would be deadly to the purse strings.

I need to check to see if there is a length/draft limit on the Inland Waterway. I want keep it there as I don't want the responsibility or the chance of damage on the Great Lakes. IMO, it is grossly underpowered. But, it's a houseboat and not a "go fast". The problem I see is the depth of the channels on the Inland. The houseboat may draft too deep. And it is a "no steerin' SOB"!!!!! You need to plan your turns well in advance. And docking is a venture too.

And the "knocker" gets a new coat of paint this year. It badly needs it. I'm tired of the white that's been on it for 40 years.

Well 'nuff for now.

C'mon Spring!!!!!

Bob
keno
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 February 2010 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Still here in Toledo.
Also waiting for Spring - 6 weeks??
Here's to a great boating season for all.

DOLFV
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 February 2010 at 9:38pm | IP Logged

Hi fellow Marathon owners.  

I hope spring is coming soon.Can't wait to put my boat in the water.  Last year I only used it one time.  Friday we had a big dump of snow here in NB.  But the temperatures are going up.

This winter I started my hobby again.  Model railroad. I had to brake it down when I moved here from Calgary.

I don't have a spare room here, so I bought an old travel trailer and set up my N-scale RR in there. 

And welcome to the new members.

Dolf.

Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 February 2010 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Dolf, I model HO. Norm of BIG trains has emailed me some very nice pics including the yard in Toronto, the CPRail Christmas train, and an unfortunate battered snow plow stuck in a drift.

I've been trying to set up a passenger train in tribute of our group but it has grown too fast and too large. I can't keep up. I've got 11 cars and 2 engines painted in CP maroon, gray and gold but have yet to finish them. And I think a 40+ car passenger train may be too much. I just thought that combining two of my hobbies would be neat.

Six weeks, keno? I think you are being  bit on the hopeful side. Although, I do get my "knocker" out for fishing at ice out. The fish seem to be mighty hungry then and will take almost any offering including bits of peanut butter sammiches. Don't ask how I know that. And monster crappies are the target of the day. As well as walleyes and 'gills. Reminds me I need to get the reels out to lube and reline them. I think I need a couple of poles or need to repair the ones I have. I lost a couple of eyes on some last year. What can you expect from 25 year old poles?

Bob
chasjr1450
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Since we are live aboards, my G scale train locomotions are now  just static displays,  and everyone who comes aboard are amazed by them, oh yes I miss having running them
griffo
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:42am | IP Logged
I'm still alive, boat is still dead.

Fred contacted me via Facebook telling me he couldn't get on our forum. I sent him the direct link to page 83 but haven't seen him yet.

I didn't realise he was THE Fred, we need to contact him again and get him on here. I agree with Bob, nothing wrong with No. 39, it's being a member that counts.

Had a flying visit to England a couple of weeks back, bought antifouling paint for the hull, antifouling paint for the outdrive, a new drive bellows and a set of anodes - ALL FOR LESS THAN THE PAINT COSTS IN SPAIN!!!
Bill Griffiths
El Presidente

Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:45am | IP Logged
So now you're smuggling contraband, Bill?

Bob
MaverickGrabber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:05am | IP Logged
waiting on warmer temps.... lots to check and do on new boat ..need install new gps/finder .. tv ..need to test the onboard inverter and charger ...replace if need be.....sure ill be asking for insite from my fellow boaters
http://www.myspace.com/ohiovalleyvigilantes

http://www.myspace.com/maverickgrabber1972

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634119
ketchum kid
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Hi Norm, just checking in after a long cold winter. Grand Lake froze over here which is unusual, but things are looking up now. Got to spend some time where it is warmer,which is always nice, and I am looking forward to a great boating season again this year.
How about you guys and girls, whats everybody been up to?
On the Fred's number question, does Fred really care what his group number will be? If not, 39 is fine. If so, then give him number 1, and back everybody else down one number.
Or, give him a number with an asterisk, or a sub letter, for example 15B or 12*, where no one else who joined this group has to back down at all.
Hope everyone has a Grand summer.
"If the course is hard, still steer."
Cobalt 272
whmmer
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Hey all,

Just got a new battery charger. Thanks Bob, for the advice. I'm reading up now how to wire a permanent plug for the shore power cable and add a couple of outlets for a coffee pot and a fan. Boat won't come out of storage for another 6 weeks so I should be just read up enough to be dangerous. Still snowing here...

Jim
Member # 4 Liquid Asset

Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Jim, Erie still froze over? 'Bout time for those crazy-a$$ fishermen to start getting stuck on broken ice again. I wonder when those guys will stop heading out "one more time". Each year the USCG has to rescue a few hundred of those fools. Lost equipment, shanties, snow mobiles, trucks, and, yes, sometimes lives doesn't seem to stop 'em.

Bob
whmmer
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Still frozen Bob. Probably a dollar or two to be made salvaging snow mobiles from the bottom once the ice melts. I never understood the ice fishing thing anyway. I can burn a tank of gas looking for a spot where they're biting. I don't get fishing the same 18 inch hole in the ice and expecting it to yield many fish.

Norm, in the summer I get a little peeved at the Canadian commercial fisherman hauling so many yellow perch out of the lake. But, this time of year, the Hibernians sell a lot of Friday fish dinners using those same Canadian caught yellow perch. I can't have it both ways I guess.

Jim
Member # 4 Liquid Asset

Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Jim, I found something out long ago in the Western Basin. I listen to the radio for charter Captains. There are a few that work together in locating fish for clients. I leave the radio on scan, since they seem to change frequencies a bit. Maybe the same in your area. They normally put you on fish quite often. Just a little trick the previous owner of the Carver let me in on.

My biggest challenge this year will be learning a new lake. Gonna be a fun year. I know of a few humps and sunken islands that hold fish. But, not like I know Erie.

Bob
MaverickGrabber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

boat slip is paid ..in East Harbor ..vac time is set

http://www.myspace.com/ohiovalleyvigilantes

http://www.myspace.com/maverickgrabber1972

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634119
whmmer
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
Bob,

The charter captains are more closed mouth on Erie. First they got radios with scramblers. Now they've switched to cell phones. Our favorite bait shop gets us to the general area from the day before then we look for the rod holder racks and the radar on the Charters. Slide far enough away so its not totally obvious that we're getting in their drift. Then guess at the color and depth that they are biting on.

Jim
Member # 4 Liquid Asset

Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 28 February 2010 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Some use sideband radios too. The Carver has one. No, I didn't buy it. Came with the boat.

I've followed a few at a distance. I've got some pretty good binoculars and I can usually tell what they are draggin' The big bait has been Thundersticks, in various colors (as long as it has Chartreuse) for the past few years now. As for depth I fish a few feet off the bottom to start. I don't use downriggers but use the planer boards. I can cover a wider area. I just keep my eye on the depth finder and make adjustments accordingly. Definitely not a one man show. 4-6 works out good, 'specially if you get into 'em.

For perch I just drift fish using jigs and light line with soft rods about 7' long or longer. I have yet to find a better planer rod than the Shakespeare Ugly Stick. Cheap to replace if I break or lose one. We actually broke one when we fouled hooked a friggin' sturgeon. What a fight that was!!!! Especially with a broken rod.

Bob
Viking Vern
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 01 March 2010 at 7:21am | IP Logged

Ancient Saying: "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." (I remember that from my youth. I think I was about six years old at the time.) That said, it also means there are only three weeks remaining before the official start of spring.

Get ready to start those engines!

I guess it's time to renew my fishing license, the boat registration and the trailer tag.

For those who have been silent through the winter months, we expect to hear from you in the near future. Keep us posted. Also, does this mean it is also officially the time of year I can once again start posting really stupid questions about the care and upkeep of Marathons?

It is neat seeing all the new handles in the posts. Welcome to all the new bods brave enough to join our zanny but sincere world.

-Viking Vern

deaddog
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 01 March 2010 at 12:38pm | IP Logged

Hello fellow MBOG,

This past Saturday I met (OTG) Dianna and Bob I believe in the first ever meeting up with fellow MBOG members. The original plan was to go out on the Daisy J III but unfortunately Dianna and Bob only had a few hours to spend. So they came over to my house bringing coffee and donuts and we spent several hours introducing ourselves and talking boats. They are great people and represent MBOG ideally. Did not get to share a *CLINK* moment as it was early (wouldn’t stop me) but my wife would have frowned at that.

I have had the boat out several times this winter but not as much as I would prefer. The Ocean has been seasonally bigger than past winters. I have relatives coming down for spring break and will be taking the boat out for a three to four day stay on the water.

I have been following the forum and glad to see the activity pick up. As always <<<CLINK>>>   

Christopher Grunder
Marathon Boat Owners Group Member #10
“Beer is living proof that God loves us”
Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 01 March 2010 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Chris, a bit of brandy, Bailey's Irish Cream, or amaretto in the coffee would have been a nice touch. And the Admiral would never have caught on.

I have a buddy that lives in Savannah, GA. He made the same comment about tall water as you. He has stayed beached on several occasions after heading out and being turned around by high seas. And he has a 46-foot boat. Couldn't imagine anything like tht in a 21-footer like my Marathon. Though I have seen some mighty rough stuff on Lake Erie.

Glad your meet-up went well. I would imagine it a bit of fun meeting some of you. And, Grunder, if we should ever meet up, I would be extremely disappointed if we did share some spirits no matter what time of day. In the words of that famous singer, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere.".

Bob
spirea
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 02 March 2010 at 1:52am | IP Logged

Hi all, I am still here in Southern California waiting for the new boating and fishing season.

Spirea

FRED
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 02 March 2010 at 11:35am | IP Logged

HIGH,

I FINALLY GOT TO LOGIN TO THE FORUM,NORM ASKED ME ABOUT MY BOAT POWER ETC. SO HERE GOES

SHE IS

1986 MARATHON SUNBLAZER EQUIPED WITH CAMPER CANVAS

POWER IS A MERCRUISER 190 MR(470 OR 488) THAT HAS BEEN REMANUFACTURED (2002) . IT HAS A ROCHESTER 4 BARRELL CARBURETOR THAT WAS ALSO REBUILT WHEN THE ENGINE WAS REMANNED  I HAVE THE ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL FOR THE ENGINE AND OUTDRIVE(ALPHA 1) AND THE ORIGINAL FACTORY ENGINE/OUTDRIVE INSTALLATION MANUAL IF SOMEONE WOULD NEED I WILL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO SUPPLY COPIES  .

ANOTHER THING I ALSO HAVE A FEW PICTURES THAT I PULLED OFF THE INTERNET WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THE BOAT WILLSUPPLY COPIES.

ANOTHER  THING IN REGARDS TO FOLKS THAT HAVE BOATS  THAT ARE  NOT SHOWN IN THE CATALOG  I HAVE PICTURES THAT SHOW THAT SOME THINGS WERE CHANGED FOR 1987 , MY SUNBLAZER GOT A FIBERGLASS BOW PULPIT AND THE ENTRY TO THE CABIN GOT SOME COSMETIC CHANGES. I ALSO HAVE SOME THREADS FROM THE OLD ALTAVISTA MESSAGES THAT SOME MIGHT FIND AMMUSING

SPRING IS COMMING SO I WILL BE GETTING INTO THE BOAT SOON AND TRY TO REMOVE WHATEVER HAS TAKEN UP RESIDENCE FOR THE WINTER

NORM ALSO ASKED WHAT OUT BOAT WAS NAMED. SHE IS THE LOST LOON      STRAFFORD NEW HAMPSHIRE I AM A RETIRED USAF AIRCRAFT MECHANIC(HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS) SO I DO MOST OF THE MAINTENANCE ON THE BOAT MYSELF

EMAIL IS    fredttinker@aol.com        

FREDTTINKER@AOL.COM
Bob David
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 02 March 2010 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Welcome aboard. Fred. The first round is on you. Kinda the penalty for being a newb.

My Dad was in the AF and I guess I am an AF brat. Also served in Spec Ops myself though I enlisted to be a firefighter. Dad was a mechanic on the very first F86 to log 1000 flight hours. Quite an accomplishment back in the day. He was stationed at Griffiss AFB in Rome, NY. The place should be a National Monument, seeing I was born there. Born in an Italian-oriented town, delivered by a Jewish doctor to a Welsh/Irish/German Christian couple, and blessed by a Catholic priest........no wonder I'm so messed up.

Maybe you could forward the info you have to Norm and he could add it to our little "book of (mis)information".

Again, welcome aboard.

Bob
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 02 March 2010 at 3:46pm | IP Logged

Well... You made it here Fred!!.. After all this time, logon issues etc, you made it here! All the way from Strafford, New Hampshire. Fantastic Sir and welcome to the Marathon Boat Owners Group Forum. Previous to your entry into the forum today, you were a famous guy in this forum.. even as Sir Griffiths has acknowledged and written.  (I'll send you the last four newletters Fred.. a lotta interesting stuff about Marathons, the forum and it's members..) 

Now, if you can Fred, or if you have any problems trying to post your boat pics .. you can just send them to me via email and I’ll post them in the forum for you.. no problem at all.. (I need a pic for the Boat Collage Post on Page 52 and will update your info asap).

(The membership list, as you may have already seen is on Page 52 of the forum and directly below it is The MBOG Vessel Collage.. An official cordial welcome to you Fred.  

It seems that we have been going through a bit of a transition 2009-2010 as life’s conditions for some have changed. The recession, affecting cash flows, as well as life’s conditions and/or other decisions have directed.  In that regard, a few of the Marathon Boat owners have sold their Marathon’s while there are others in our group that are in process of selling their prided Marathon vessels.

#20 Dianna-Lynn Bell sold their boat last summer.

#28 Shawn & Letty Smith recently sold their Marathon.

#08 Bob Neary has his boat up for sale. (No confirmation if he sold it yet)

#29 Received an email last night from John Krump #29. John now has his boat up for sale. Some other news received from John: He is getting married!!  Congratulations John.. (to you and your fiancée) .

But John, we’re very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sorry to hear that you are selling that Marathon!!  Best wishes to you John & (soon to be) wife.

In another note, have been in contact with Sir “Skidlyb” a Marathon owner. He is from Cutler Bay, Florida and plans to join us shortly here in the forum. (Skidlyb, I'll send you the last four newletters too.. a lotta interesting stuff about Marathons, the forum and it's members... A bit of info but after you be right up to speed!.

Will work on the new members list very shortly.. and might even have enough changes to produce a new 2010 Marathon Journal newsletter. Stay tuned..

Winter is just aboat over!! (well not quite.. but hoping)..

As you can see, the SPRING CHECK-IN has re-activated the forum from its' winter hibernation..

Hopefully soon, the boats will be activated into service for our boating season: Yup even Barnacle Bob's Houseboat Cruise Lines has been reactivated.. (Like way to go Bob.. Cheap to buy the barge, then profit to sell her, then more profit to take her back??.. like wow.. can I go into business with ya??? 

Oh btw, keep in mind the 2010 "Vikings" Challenge?? Fishing Derby.. Vern Your ball.. lol.. 

Ok.. got to run.. but for any old and new members out there with missing vitals info.. or boat pic.. please send so I can update your stuff. Thank-you..

Just writing with a bit more ferver on this boat forum and I can almost "Feel the rays, the warmer temps coming and the Marathon cutting through those waves!!".

Edited by Norm_Richards on 03 March 2010 at 4:56pm
Norm Richards
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 03 March 2010 at 10:46am | IP Logged

I'm off today so I am just reviewing some of the forum pages..

Ah SPRING is in the air here..

Following up on a couple of member changes.. so

Raymond in Va wrote:

This is a new old member. Name: Raymond Powell, member No. 22

Couldn't post so I signed up again as Raymond in Va, Old name was Grandadray same older person. Good to see all of you again!   

Raymond..now under user name "Raymond in Va", You still out there somewhere?? If you could Sir, please check your logon into the forum (It is SPRING Check-in) and drop me a line via email. 

Thanks Sir

Norm Richards
griffo
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Welcome aboard Fred! I knew that the Facebook group would eventually come in useful.

I agree with Bob, I'm sure every Marathon owner on here would love to share in ANY information you have regarding Marathon Boats. Forwarding copies to Norm is the way to go, get it in our journal for reference purposes.

For everybody's attention:-

I briefly mulled over this with Norm and said I didn't think it should be on the forum. I've changed my mind and have a proposal to put to the membership.

Our member numbering system reflected the 'seniority' of members regarding the length of time that they have been a part of this merry band of pirates. In my opinion it needs to continue doing just that. If we have a membership of 39 it should reflect that we have 39 Marathon owners out there.

People who 'move-on', sell their Marathon or whatever should be added to the Honorary membership list. All members below that person should then have their membership number reduced i.e everybody shuffles up towards the top. We will then have an instant picture of how many Marathons there actually are and how long a service each member has had.

Thoughts please gentlemen - and ladies
Bill Griffiths
El Presidente

deaddog
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

griffo wrote:

Our member numbering system reflected the 'seniority' of members regarding the length of time that they have been a part of this merry band of pirates. In my opinion it needs to continue doing just that. If we have a membership of 39 it should reflect that we have 39 Marathon owners out there.

People who 'move-on', sell their Marathon or whatever should be added to the Honorary membership list. All members below that person should then have their membership number reduced i.e everybody shuffles up towards the top. We will then have an instant picture of how many Marathons there actually are and how long a service each member has had.

Thoughts please gentlemen - and ladies

If this is a motion on the floor I will second it. It is now up for discussion. As far as my thoughts….I agree with the motion as it stands.

Christopher Grunder
Marathon Boat Owners Group Member #10
“Beer is living proof that God loves us”
FRED
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

EVERYONE

JUST A LITTLE NOTE TO SAY THAT I DONT CARE WHAT NUMBER YOU ASSIGN TO ME. ALSO I HOPE THAT EVERY ONE WHO SELLS THEIR MARATHON GIVES THE NEW OWNER OUR NAME AND WHERE TO FIND US . THIS IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO GET INFO. ABOUT THIS MARQUE

FREDTTINKER @AOL.COM

FREDTTINKER@AOL.COM
whmmer
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 03 March 2010 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Bill,

Your proposal makes logical sense to me.

Jim

Member # 4 Liquid Asset

<< Prev Page of 109 Next >>