Boater's Connection

Subject
Topic: Marathon Boat Owners Group
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 24 April 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Ah, you received the flag already!! Great George.. Hey that was so fast.. Thought it might be a slower delivery because of the Easter Holiday but nope: "It flew" there. Fantastic!
Norm Richards
Marathon Boat Owners Group - Member #7
1989 Marathon Bermuda Sport 2550 "Vintage Haven"
ketchum kid
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 24 April 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Marathoners, congratulations, page 100. Very nicely done
all!
"If the course is hard, still steer."
Cobalt 272
byteme000
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 25 April 2011 at 2:51pm | IP Logged

Happy spring fellow boaters. Hope everyone’s winter was good and your ready for the boating season. Last fall the admiral started talking about wanting a newer boat so we started looking some and went to a few boat shows this winter. This spring we looked at a few marinas and met a salesman we really liked. He offered to keep an eye out for a boat that would fit our needs and would check out our Marathon as a possible trade in. The wife wants more of a pleasure boat while I want more of a fishing boat. Last week he called about a 25ft walk around sportcraft that was in our price range (more fishing boat than pleasure boat so I will have to add some seats). Unfortunately when he checked out our boat he found that the stringers are rotting. So needless to say the admiral informed me that she wouldn’t be riding on the Marathon on Lake Erie anymore. The good news is the salesman will still give me a trade in of more than I paid for the boat. I’ll miss the old boat but when I bought it as a new boater it was my practice boat and too see if the wife would enjoy boating. Now after getting stuck on the sandbar twice and chewing up the props a few times I think we are ready to take the next step.

Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 25 April 2011 at 3:23pm | IP Logged

Well Sir George of Grove! Progressing to an upscale vessel..  Well, your Marathon is a great looking boat no wonder it will bring more than you paid.

For those who may have missed seeing a picture of George Basore's 1990 Marathon 2200 CCI: Here you go:

Hey, if you get a new vessel.. send us a pic George! Boating is a fantastic hobby of recreation and any boat enthusiast loves boats: any make, type and model of vessels!!. 

Some of our forum attendees have various makes and types of vessels which include their Marathons: Ie: Chris-Crafts, Sea Rays, Quest, Silverton, Thundercraft and lets not forget HOUSEBOATS!.

Please keep us abreast of your progress on your vessel(s) and know that with or without a vessel, or whether you sell/trade your Marathon and purchase another vessel, you will always be maintained in this group as the 26th Marathon Owner to attend this forum and are always welcome here. Hope it all works our for you George (& your wife)!.

Norm Richards
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 25 April 2011 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

Here are a few more boat pics:

Introducing the first ever vessel from The United Kingdom: (Kent),  (Not too far from the North Sea & English Channel: Sir Grey's: (#45 Mark Nicholson): 1989 Sunblazer 2400. "Voyager"

Also joining this fleet of Marathons is our latest attendee, the first representive from the State of Utah: Marathon Owner # 58, Mr. Zac Humes and his 1985 Marathon Falcon 2001.

Thanks for sending pics of your vessels.

Other attendees: if you could, if you are still out there?? If you still own your Marathon or not but might like a picture of that Marathon vessel and your vessel name, (if you had one), displayed with our fleet of Marathons in the forum and in the Journal, please attach a picture and your vessel's name? via email to norm_richards@hotmail.com or just post on the forum. 

Norm Richards
orrkid
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 26 April 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Hi.  Not lost, just having a TDC issue.  That is not Top Dead Center, but Too Damn Cold.  Last weekend we got 2 inches of the white stuff.  It just  turned spring, and the bilge thawed out yesterday, so that I can try hooking up a battery to see what happens.  It is still not getting above freezing until about 10am.
Found the problem with the seats being stuck, the right rail is warped - apparently a regular issue.  I will go with an oak rail support rather than the rectangle tubing - guess that is the carpenter roots showing.
My boat had a bimini top, but it did not come with the boat. I have the stuff to build a camper top, but first have to build a bender as the rental shop does not carry one.
Have to install a new fuel filler port, and it looks like I have to pull the gas tank to get to the underside of it. Also replacing the cleats, which are bolted from the bottom - portside is a problem - unless someone knows a trick for this?
Sending pictures to norm...
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 26 April 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged

Arg Randy.. still very unseasonably cool and rainy here too.. Last week at temps btwn -1 to +3C most of the week.. Started redoing my home deck on the house.. and then it started snowing!!. Hit 13 today and will be around there for most of the week but all week is pouring rain with the off & on sunny periods!!

Lots of work to do there Sir Orr.. will hope for better weather for you soon. Other than weather, hope all is well in Hythe AB. Randy.

We are looking forward to seeing your pics... (we have never seen your Marathon Eagle 2450: which is the first Eagle 2450 in the group.)

(I would like to get out an updated "journal" by week's end. just adding those missing vessel pics as they are received.)

Thank-you Sir

Norm Richards
Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 26 April 2011 at 1:31pm | IP Logged

Introducing from Hythe, Alberta, Canada, Randy Orr's 1988 Marathon Eagle 2450:  "The Orr Kid"

The Eagle 2450 is a 1988 Marathon model that is between the Bermuda Express at 2550 and the Sunblazer 2400 with alike profile:

(Randy has also sent some snowy pics of the boat taken last week.. in the SNOW!!) Arg.. more SNOW!! We better save those snow boat pics for next winter!!)

Thanks Randy.

Norm Richards
George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Beatifull boats Ken, Zac, and Randy.
George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged

Hello everyone, I’ve been surfing the net trying to find  a place that will make  a custom bimini top enclosure that includes canvas, screen, and clear materials. I have not found a place yet.

I am thinking that I can perhaps rig my own with a bit of planning and your help if I get the components. I already have a bimini top as you provably saw the pictures I posted, and it covers about half of the area that I would like covered. So I thought that if I get a second top then together with the one I already have would be the bases for the final enclosure without the sides for the time being.

If it is possible and not too much trouble, I would like to ask for the basic dimensions (Height, Length, width) of our members bimini top and enclosures.

I take this opportunity to thank everyone for sharing their pictures and knowledge with the group it has been and will continue to be an invaluable resource for everyone of us.

Perusing the vessel collage I found really nice enclosures on some of our Marathons; among the best enclosures are the following:

Norm’s “Vintage Haven” 1989 Marathon Bermuda Express 2550

George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:27am | IP Logged

Dan Bailie's "Close to being... On The Riviera" 1989 Marathon Riviera 2700

George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:31am | IP Logged

Bob’s “Dianna Lynn” 1987 Marathon Sunblazer 2350

George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:36am | IP Logged

Paul Monachino's "Quick Decision" 1988 Marathon Bermuda Sport 2550

George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:58am | IP Logged

George Nelson "I'm still working on a name" 1985 Marathon Sunblazer 2350

These are pictures of my vessel and it looks to me that my bimini top is higher than the previous four examples I posted. That is why I think it would be helpful to know the dimensions (L W H). I do not know the dimensions of mine yet. As soon as I measure it I will post it.

An enormous thanks to Sir Norm and everyone involved is in order for all the work you do for MBOG keeping the Webshots albums with the pictures of everyone’s vessels, the flags, keeping documentation organized for new members, etc., etc., I’m sure the list goes on an on. It can be  quite a bit of work to keep it all organized, It made my job a breeze to find the pictures I was looking for in the well organized webshots photo albums.

Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 8:59am | IP Logged

Well George, next time we travel north, I'll be un-cocooning the Marathon from her wintery shelter and putting up the vessel camper top. I'll take the measurements of the top and all the support poles for you.

Just one thing about tops that I have found. Taller is better.

You will note that my top is affixed to the front windows on a slant downward but is higher from @ the back of front seat  the back of the vessel. (Standing room). The height in the rear is great but for me, being 5'11", I find it too low in the front when driving (I mostly stand when driving.) My head hits the top of the canvass!! So, when it's nice out, I take the canvas front snaps off and roll back the canvas half way back to be wide open in the front. Standing at the helm: Ah the sun on one's brow!! The wind on one's face..The open seas!! (But when the canvass is snapped on at the front, I feel like a sardine in a can!! and all hemmed in! And no where to move around.  

Now note Dan's top, Diana's top and Paul's top (as pictured above), their tops are similar but they have a verticle clear portion of clear plastic that runs from the front windshield - straight upwards @ 2.5 ft - 3 feet to the canvass roof before running horizonally to the rear.

That clear plastic riser in the front gives you the clarity of vision for driving and sufficient height over the helm to provide lots of standing room without interferance of the canvass hitting your head. In my opinion and many will agree, that's the way to go if you want a full top.

Any top is not much problem when the weather is fine but I have found, when the weather is not so good and the top has to be up, it is a bit too cramped for my liking.  

I have been debating whether or not to take my top to a custom boat cover shop and get a 2.5'/3' clear plastic piece made for the existing camper top. It would make it much more pleasant especially in bad weather having 2.5-3' more headroom and clarity. My top might look ok, but practically, I find the front canvas when affixed to the front windshield is just too low.

The next piece to watch for, if one was looking for a top, or having one made, is to have the front piece have some through air ventilation. 

So would recommend, (and will do this if I get that clear plastic piece made), is to have that front canvas portion made in two layers. The outer layer the clear plastic and zippered squares or zippered in an arc and the inside piece being screening so you can open the plastic front as little or a much as you want for fresh airflow without losing the coverage.

Few pics off the net that might show a bit of the dual layer front:

So a bit to think about.. depends on your needs and practical application. Overnight camping or no camping?, Long distances or short?

Day runs/picnics in hot sunny good weather, I'd rather have a high bimimi.

Overnighting.. my top is great.. like a tent... but for running trips: driving for me is not so great when the top is over my head!!.

That's my take on it.

Lots of canvas companies out there can make covers etc: and they're everywhere. Here's a few on off the net with some pics.

http://www.thatcanvasguy.com/custom_canvas_strataglass_yacht __enclosures.html

http://www.rbhammer.com/Sew%20&%20So%20canvas.htm

http://www.virginiacanvasworks.com/

Norm Richards
George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 9:29pm | IP Logged

Thanks Norm for the info on bimini/enclosures. Thanks in advance for taking the measurements of your boat’s enclosure, I really appreciate it. You are so right, one needs to consider what’s practical depending on the activity. In my case I will be traveling short distances over 90% of the time, camping about 25% to 30% of the time.

The high top I have on my boat worked well at Lake Elsinore. I was happy with it and you corroborated what I had suspected, that tall may be more practical than short. As I said, I like the bimini top I have, if anything, I would like a longer one that would give me a little more shade.

Winter time in southern California stays around 50° to 60° F and an enclosure would be nice for that time of the year as I plan to do slow evening cruises on the Pacific’s coast throughout the year.

Aesthetics is another consideration. I really like how Norms boat looks with the cover, but as Norm mentions, it is a bit low, and that can be seen in the pictures that shows Norm at the helm with the top off most of the time he is at the helm.

Dan’s boat appears to have a good balance between functional and aesthetics. From the photo you can tell that the cabin window, windshield, and enclosure’s front clear vinyl are each about the same size and maintain the same angle with respect to the boat. Also it looks a bit higher in the front than in the back providing adequate head room it would seem; Bob’s Dianna Lynn is similar to Dan’s boat in that respect.

Here is an idea Norm, you could modify just the front of your enclosure to incorporate a clear vinyl piece  like Paul Monachino’s has and that would give you more head room when you are sitting at the helm.

My boat is back in the shop, but this time it needs some welding done in the trailer. I should get it back by Friday and will take measurement of my bimini top. For the time here are some other measurements I had already taken. Tolerance is provably ± 1” since I measured by myself and it was a little more complicated than I thought It’ll be.

George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

While searching for bimini tops and enclosures I came across this rocket launcher that I’m considering adding to my vessel. I think it will come in handy if I get the enclosure for it. 

The company is in Canada and they ship to the US.

Company info: Bimini King

Toll Free Phone Number: 1-800-213-6803
Phone Number: 905-777-8866
Fax Number: 905-777-8867

Address

Shore Break Marine Accessories
325 Old Guelph Road
Dundas, Ontario
L9H 5V5
Canada

Email: ebay@biminiking.com
Attn: Nick Scannell

ROCKET LAUNCHERS

• Rated to 40 Knots
  • Quality sturdy frame
  • easy to fit with Phillips head screwdriver
  • 5 or 6 rod holder models available
  • Rocket Launchers are suitable for all BiminiKING Marine Biminis
  • Also suitable for other brand of Biminis
  • 1 year warranty
  • Available in 3 sizes

RWHITE1948
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Hi everybody, It been real stormy here in Nashville, Tennessee for the last few days. Thought I was going to have to unhook the boat from the trailer so it could float it it started flooding around my house, LOL We have had 8 inches of rain here so far and its still raining a little bit and should stop sometimes tonight (4/27/11). Love all the pictures of our marathon boats I have seen lately, they all look so good.
George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 27 April 2011 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

Here are more measurements of my 1985 Marathon 2350 Sunblazer.

Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged

FYI:

The updated Marathon Journal (Vol 5, April 2011 Edition) has been sent out. (Almost 11 meg).

There was a few bounce backs from some Email ids: which maybe email receiving capacity issue for the large file (or no longer valid email ids).

If you didn't receive the April 2011 Journal Document (PDF), please

I will split the file into two or three smaller files for those recipients who cannot handle over 10mg file. 

Norm Richards
griffo
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 04 May 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
I didn't get it Norm, my mailbox - supposedly - can handle 50 meg
Bill Griffiths
El Presidente
Marathon Boat Owners Group Member #2

Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 04 May 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

Ok Bill.. Sent you the full one alone. Let me know if you receive it.. 

(In the mean time, have split the doc file into 3 smaller PDF files and will send out as part 1, part 2 & part 3.)

Norm Richards
George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

Thanks Norm. I received both versions without problem.

I took my boat out into the Pacific ocean this past weekend. I was absolutely gorgeous wheather.

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDWa14ozrF4

RWHITE1948
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:44pm | IP Logged

Thanks for the updated 2011 MARATHON JOURNA NorRonald

MFSB
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:30pm | IP Logged

hello everyone, I wanted to knock on the door and introduce myself. I am Sean, I too am a proud Marathon Boat owner. I recently purchased mine from a gentleman who didn't winterize it properly so it needs a new engine. I am however very excited to do this, because it will be fun for my son to help me through out the project and the boat overall is dirty a bit, but in great shape. I will include some pics when I can and have already been lurking and enjoying this forum. I really appreciate the great support you guys offer and I hope the as my family and I enjoy the new boat (to us) we also become a member of the group.

My wonderful new to me boat is a 1988 2100 Weekender that other than needing a good bath and a new powerplant seems to be in great shape. A little sun faded and such but decks look solid, feel solid, and have so far cleaned up nicely. I really am very excited about the boat and am embracing the repowering project for what it is, a fun place to sink some cash. I have the Volvo Penta AQ231B, that I plan on replacing with a 350 gm block, cam and maybe even a performer type intake to get some performance out of it. I expect that it isn't ever going to be a drag boat however it should pull a couple skiers or a giant tube no problem.

George_Nelson
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:37pm | IP Logged

Welcome aboard Sean; I’m sure you’ve found the right place for a new Marathon owner. I became the happy owner of a 1985 Marathon 2350 Sunblazer last month and joined MBOG on the same day.

George Nelson

Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged

A cordial welcome to you Sir Sean of Kansas.. and your new.. (New to you), 88 Weekender... You are (officially) the 59th Marathon Owner to attend in this forum since it's inception in 2008!. And there are many "Weekenders" in here as well as other models.

It kinda sounds like you have a bit to do on your vessel! And yup, poor or no winterization does do very bad damage in a water cooled engine!! But by the time you (and your son) are done putting in a 350, it may no longer be a boat or even a ski-boat but it might have enough torc and top end speed to be an airplane (Or a RC Chopper)!! In any event, welcome to our group.

Just did an update of our journal document (Pdf document sent out via email): It is a background on Marathon (Historial)  HIN info, contains a listing of all the attendees and a pic of each vessel represented in this group. I do have to issue a corrector so I can also add your info as well as the 59th Marathon owners. Sean.. if you can send me a pic, it would be a pleasure to include your info and your vessel pic in the "Marathon Journal". (my email norm_richards@hotmail.com).

Just checking the listings: Sean, you are the very first Marathon owner in this forum from the state of Kansas!!(Some trivia for the day).

Anything we can do to help etc, please don't hestitate to post or email etc and I'm sure lots will offer their support and/or assistance to you. Again, a warm welcome to you Sean.

Norm Richards
RWHITE1948
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:07pm | IP Logged

Welcome Sean, I think you will enjoy our lively site.Sounds like that you are going to have one heck of a boat once you get the new power plant in.

Ronald

ketchum kid
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Hi Sean, welcome aboard.
"If the course is hard, still steer."
Cobalt 272
DantheMan
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Hey guys its just about that time called trailer guy today and told him anytime next week. I'll get a pic of boat on land before and post. Have a question changed prop today old one had a few nicks put new on. With new one on and it makes a a little clicking noise when I give it a spin ?
DantheMan
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Would like to say thanks for Journal its always nice to see other boats. I see from other pics that other models have 2 windows in aft cabin I wish mine did its very dark.
RWHITE1948
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:51pm | IP Logged

The clicking sound is normal.

Ronald

Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged

Dan: Glad you got the Journal... but.... there will be another issue (May 2011) coming out to correct an incorrect model plus an additional attendee (Sean Belcher - Our New #59) and possibly .. could be... ?? a #60 (Chris Kaley) who I replied to on another forum: who I think owns.. hmmm.. sounds like a 1988 Sunblazer. He is looking for a manual for his new boat and has a few minor problems.. but short of a manual, we should be able to answer his questions and get him some capy info etc. (I just replied to him today and linking this page.. we'll see.)

Oh PS: Sean.. Email a pic sir.. I would like to add a pic of your vessel in the May 2011 edition of the journal... (and Chris's as well if he pops in).

Dan.. Could you tell us what type of prop you put on? (Substance S.steel? Aluminum?? and could you tell us what pitch?? Ie 17, 19?? for your 5.7L 350cid.

Norm Richards
DantheMan
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Had to have new sleeve put in prop so I brought it to my  marina I deal with most. He said he only saw paddles that big on Limestone's said it was 16 pitch. Aluminum. Just  finished retreating the canvas today it had some mildew so I cleaned it and then had to retreat it. Seems to work well it needed it. I need a new dome light I priced them sh*t those things are expensive I wouldn't mind one with the red and white light I run the river a lot at night so red would be nice Other than a real good cleaning. Wax a little caulking here and there and bottom paint oh and a new plastic for my front canvas got that none for a steal at $50.00
DantheMan
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks RWhite 1948 I thought it was normal but no harm in asking
Papakaley
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Hi everyone. I recently purchaced a 1988 23' marathon. It is my first
boat and so far it has been a great boat. I purchased it as a project
that I could still use while the cosmetic things are fixed. It did not
come with an owners manual and a lot of the markings have been
rubbed off so I have no idea what the capacity is or the general info
for it is. Any help would be great.

I live in gulf breeze FL and I have been around the harbors and boat
launches and I started to think I had the last Marathon still running. It
is great to know there are more out there.
MFSB
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Hello everyone, man this week has been hectic for me. I have sent pictures out norm via my phone to your adress, I hope to have time sometime this week to get some work done on my weekender. I recently sold another boat, a 16fh sylvan aluminum boat that I really enjoyed, made room for the Marathon. I am extremely excited to work on it and will be starting on the engine as soon as I get a lift to pull it out. I may have to build an A frame to get it out, my neighbors will hate it but that is ok, it won't last for long. I am also lookin around to see if there is a shop with a hoist that will let me rent their time to pull the engine out and put it on my trailer.  If I can go that route, everyone would be happier I believe. I have been thoroughly enjoying this forum in the time I get on to be on the internet, there are a lot of fun people and great lookin boats here! I hope you get the photos norm, I am off to do some chores around the house and love on my pretty wife.
RWHITE1948
BoatUS Member
BoatUS Member
Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:07am | IP Logged

Welcome to the site Papakaley. If you boat is like mine than there should be a placard around the ignition switch which will tell you the model series of boat you have as well as the max. weights the boat will carry.

Ronald

Norm_Richards
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 08 May 2011 at 5:32pm | IP Logged

Papakaley wrote:
Hi everyone. I recently purchaced a 1988 23' marathon. It is my first
boat and so far it has been a great boat. I purchased it as a project
that I could still use while the cosmetic things are fixed. It did not
come with an owners manual and a lot of the markings have been
rubbed off so I have no idea what the capacity is or the general info
for it is. Any help would be great.

I live in gulf breeze FL and I have been around the harbors and boat
launches and I started to think I had the last Marathon still running. It
is great to know there are more out there.  

You made it here Chris!! A cordial welcome here Sir. I'm glad you saw my reply and the link to "here" on the other forum. site.. Good show!!. 

Perhaps your Vessel might be a 88 Marathon Sunblazer 2400 perhaps??? (I'll check the model listings for 1988 and send them to you in the am). If you send us a pic, we may be able to establish if it's a Sunblazer or Weekender? or ? 

Don't have a manual but we should be able to get you the info you require for your Marathon. 

Why type of Eng/Outdrive in your boat? 6 or 8 Cyl? 5.0L 5.7? Volvo/OMC or Mercruiser?, This will help to get powertrain info.. and might help us establish the model if we can't fully establish that tell by a pic).. (I'm currently working right now.. but off tomorrow (monday) so I'll be able to send you some stuff. If you can, send me a vessel pic, and your vessel name? (If you have one) via email if you could.. (norm_richards@hotmail.com).

The info & pic is for our group document which I send out via email to all the attendees of this forum, and since you made it here, I would like to include your info and vessel pic too!.).

In the mean time, does anyone have a manual for a 1988? (Marathon Manual?)

We'll eventually figure it out your model Chris. Oh PS: Sir Chris, you are officially the 60th Marathon Owner to dawn this Marathon Boat Owners Group forum and a again, a warm welcome to you sir. 

PS: Sean, received your pics: will extract at home and also add you as #59 to our Marathon Journal document. Btw, if you have a chance. email or post your vessel name so I can include it by your vessel photo...

More later.. work calls..

Norm Richards
MFSB
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posted: 08 May 2011 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Happy mothers day to every mother out there. Spent the day with my wife having a great time. We also got areply back on some parts that I am tryin to horse trade and may get a replacement engine for the boat in trade. I hope to use this engine as a good donor, the engine is a 305 out of a truck, so it may be a bit tired, however it is a good deal so I am going to swap over my heads, intake and all other needed parts to make it fit in the boat, I am excited because as long as it runs properly it saves me a lot of money. I figure if it doesn't last long, I still am not out much since the parts I have are just takin up space and people haven't shown any interest. I figure if I get the replacement engine in, for about 300 bucks I have repowered the boat and can see how the rest of the systems are gonna respond. Very exciting, now if I can just find someone to do my deck repairs on the house so I can fool with the boat!

<< Prev Page of 109 Next >>