BoatUS’ message boards were created to promote a learning environment, and to discuss all things boating. This service is free to Members, guests and visitors, so please take a moment to read the forum’s policies. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as a legitimate excuse for breaching forum policy.
In order to maintain a friendly, pleasant and learning atmosphere, we have implemented some rules of conduct. We reserve the right to edit these rules from time to time without prior notice. The following are considered forum violations:
- Any posts which are profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, sexually oriented, ethnocentric, threatening, flaming, vulgar, or mocking in nature.
- Personal attacks, victimization, retaliation, or hateful posts against any user, staff, or moderator.
- Extensive topic deviation (includes political debates). Please try to return the discussion to the original topic, or else the topic may be closed.
- Nudity, pornographic, or macabre material.
- Advertising of products or services without BoatUS prior consent. Send an email to forum@BoatUS.com for consideration.
- Posting of yours, or another’s personal contact information (i.e. telephone numbers, addresses, etc.) on any publicly viewable forum.
- Anything else deemed inappropriate by the BoatUS Administrators and Moderators.
We will remove, edit, move or close any thread due to these violations, and any other action deemed inappropriate by BoatUS. Please respect the decision of the administrators and moderators to maintain these forum rules.
If you feel a post violates any of these rules, please use the reporting mechanism within that area of the site to notify the moderators.
BoatUS is not responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any messages posted by forum users. Users are solely responsible for the content of their messages, and agree to hold harmless this forum and its agents, with respect to any claim based upon any post made. We reserve the right to reveal user information, in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any messages posted by the user.
The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that Web Sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.
Failure to observe this forum’s policies may result in actions including but not limited to: negative moderation, editing or deletion of posts, or closing of accounts.
By registering and using this forum, you agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies. If you agree, then click on the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page, if not click on the 'Cancel' button to exit the site.